Upgrade – Ballscrew Harmonic Drive
New capability for older LIDKÖPING grinding machines
– Higher Accuracy
– Greater Grinding Productivity
– Faster Set-up Times
– Ease of Machine Operation and Control
– Quick return on investment
UVA LIDKÖPING is pleased to offer a simple, low cost, high output solution for older centerless grinder models that delivers a precision ball screw and harmonic drive retrofit/update giving:
– Higher accuracy though finite positioning control, with reso lution down to 0,001MM.
– Tighter control over feed and dress performance results in greater size-control
– Greater production rates over the original design, through higher feed rates, and finite control over machine motions.
– Greater efficiency. Wasted cycle time is eliminated through high-speed feed and index capabilities that were not available in the original machine designs.
– Ease of control over the grinding process through finite digital positioning and grinding cycle monitoring.
– Reduced set-up times through digital positioning and readout, while also facilitating repeat set-ups.
– Quick return on investment through low cost and quick retrofit time. The machine never leaves your factory during
installation of the affordable retrofit.
The highlights of the retrofit hardware include
– Precision Ground Ball Screw, designed by and manufactured for Lidköping for optimum accuracy and performance.
– No belts/pulleys – all motion is handled through Harmonic Drive coupling.
– Precision Harmonic Drive enabling high resolution
– Digital readout of slide position
– Mounting hardware, ready for installation by UVA LIDKÖPING service.
– Supporting documentation