OEM repaired parts
UVA LIDKÖPING has always focused on high quality and reliability on our grinding Machines.
In this respect, the grinding spindle is one of the most critical components. UVA EU High Frequency Grinding spindles are specially designed for demanding bore and seat grinding operations where optimum precision at high production rates is expected. Because the grinding spindle is the heart of the machine, UVA LIDKÖPING recommends an OEM repair so that the UVA grinder will continue to deliver the same quality and productivity as when the machine was new.
When the UVA parts such as spindles need service, they are sent to the same precision assembly shop at our factory in Sweden that originally built the part. Here, UVA LIDKÖPING’s specialists have both the knowledge and the special equipment needed to return your UVA spindle to the same performance level as when it was new. The highlights for a UVA spindle repair procedures are outlined below.
The bearings are the most critical for the performance of our spindles. UVA LIDKÖPING purchases bearings in batches in order to control quality. Due to the extreme demands on spindles, we have sometimes found that even bearings that meet the manufacturers’ strictest standards will fail prematurely in service. UVA LIDKÖPING tests all new and repaired spindles as described below to prevent such failures. If an excessive number of bearing fail these tests, the entire batch is rejected and returned to the manufacturer.
The following procedure applies to bearing replacement, and other repairs to the spindle:
1. UVA spindles are equipped with ultra-precision or ABEC9 hybrid angular contact bearings.
2. The specified bearing preload is achieved by a spring pulling the inner bearing housing into the spindle.
3. Rotors are balanced separately to maximum 2mm/sec vibration level. If necessary, the rotors are balanced again to the same level when the spindle is assembled.
4. After spindle assembly, the nose run-out and taper is inspected with specially designed UVA LIDKÖPING gages and tooling.
Of course we are able to perform these high quality repairs on other parts to our grinding machines e.g. on the chuck, the ejector, the hydraulic slide, electronic cards etc. Regardless of what parts you would like to repair you will get the same high quality and the same procedure on the repairs you send to us. Just get in touch with us and we will be able to help you with your repairs for your grinding machine.
If requested the customer can receive an estimated quote before sending it for repair:
- The part to be repaired is sent to a UVA LIDKÖPING site.
- The part is controlled and evaluated.
- A quote is sent to the customer with a delivery time and price.
– Fast response to inquiries and orders
– Repairs performed by skilled personnel
– Original spare parts secure the correct functionality
– We repair old machine parts, as well as parts from new Machines.
To send your repairs or goods to UVA LIDKÖPING
Please send the goods to be repaired to the UVA LIDKÖPING plant in Lidköping: Delivery address